The following information is currently the best available. Any of these policies are subject to change or modification by the University and/or Health System in future years.
This job position is considered, within the profession of medical physics, as an imaging resident. Within Duke, the job title of this position is Medical Physics Resident. The position exists within the Duke School of Medicine as a monthly payroll (exempt) staff position, were “exempt” means not eligible for overtime pay. As such, this residency position will be treated as a traditional, monthly hire in Radiology. Position holders will be expected to follow Duke’s policies and procedures and not those of GME or other resident programs.
The starting annual salary for this position is currently set at $58,000 ($27.88/hour).
- 2023 Benefits Summary: https://hr.duke.edu/sites/default/files/atoms/files/2023%20Benefit%20Summary%20-%20Health%20System%20Monthly%20Payroll.pdf
- Time Away From Duke: https://hr.duke.edu/benefits/time-away
- Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time: https://hr.duke.edu/benefits/time-away/university
- For holidays, vacation, and sick days, this position is considered as “University Employees: Campus & Medical Center/School of Medicine” staff.
- Severe Weather & Emergency Conditions Policy: https://hr.duke.edu/policies/expectations/severe-weather
- Standards of Conduct & Performance/Corrective Action Policy: https://hr.duke.edu/policies/expectations/standards-conduct
- Dispute Resolution: https://hr.duke.edu/policies/expectations/dispute-resolution
- Reduction in Force: https://hr.duke.edu/policies/expectations/reduction-force
- This position is not eligible for the severance under the reduction-in-force policy. This position is 100% grant funded and is subject to annual renewal pending performance and availability of funds. For this research funded position, funding has already been secured by the Radiology Department. In accordance with Duke Policies, 100% grant funded personnel are not eligible for severance benefits. In the event that your position is eliminated, a minimum of 60-day notification will be provided to you and the Department/Divisions will work to support your search for employment elsewhere within Duke University Medical Center.
- Personal Assistance Service (PAS): https://pas.duke.edu
- Influenza Vaccination Policy: https://flu.duke.edu/exemptions
- This position requires an annual vaccination against influenza, or policy compliance through a granted medical or religious exemption. This is considered a condition of employment and must be completed within 14 days of your start date.
- COVID Vaccination Policy: https://covidvaccine.duke.edu/requirements
- This position requires a COVID vaccination, or policy compliance through a granted medical or religious exemption.
- Family Friendly Benefits: https://hr.duke.edu/benefits/family
For questions regarding information in the Benefits Summary, contact: Duke HR/Benefits, (919) 684-5600.